We’re looking at Google’s growing local relevance signals, and why this makes Google EAT (expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness) more important than ever for a business’ Google Business Profile.
Local Search Relevance and Justifications
You may have noticed examples of justifications in local search results as well. Essentially, justifications are snippets of text that indicate why the Google Business Profile is being featured for a particular search query. Here are just a few examples of the reasons Google uses to justify a listing:
- Provides – Examples of relevant services listed on a GBP.
- In stock – Up-to-date record of available products at a client’s store.
- Posts – A relevant offer taken from recent Google posts.
- Their website mentions – Services taken from a business’ website.
- Menu highlight – A specific type of food, such as pasta or pizza.
- Reviews – A review snippet taken from a GBP review.
As you can see, Google is helping searchers determine why they might be interested in a business. Plus, for us as local marketers, this clearly demonstrates the need for a comprehensive Google Business Profile. For example, imagine a business that didn’t list all their services on their GBP or website. If Google cannot be certain that a business offers a particular service, that business likely will not be featured for the more specific searches.
Visit Advice Local to [read more].